Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dancing in the Rain

If you read my previous Blog and have seen the final quote 'Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass it's about dancing in the rain' little did I realise when I wrote it that we would be dancing in the rain and have been for too long. I think we are all waiting for the storms to pass so we can enjoy some sunshine and get out into the fresh air. So many events have been spoilt by the weather this month including the Isle of Wight Festival, the Test Match at The Rose Bowl, Ascot  and  all the school fetes and local events that so much work goes into to make the day a success. I have often wondered where the expression 'Flaming June' came from because June is often a very unsettled month, you only have to think about how many times the matches at Wimbledon have been interrupted because of rain and the weather isn't looking too promising for this coming week either!

However we must always look on the bright side of life and the weather cannot take away the companionship of family, friends and work colleagues. I attended the Annual Award Lunch of the Women in Banking and Finance at the Dorchester Hotel recently and over the years that I have been attending the event I have made friends with some inspirational women who are in the profession. The room is always buzzing with women of all ages who are trying to achieve and be recognised for their talent in finance, not always easy in a profession still dominated by men!

I have been invited to be a judge at the 'NatWest everywomen awards' again and I would encourage you to either nominate yourself or to nominate an inspirational woman that you feel should be recognised for her success. This is a prestigious award and the award ceremony is held at the Dorchester Hotel on December 7th.You can find details of how to enter at http://www.everywoman.co.uk/

I am looking forward to welcoming you to the next Wessex Women's event on Wednesday June 29th when Ron Taylor will be talking about the 'Spice of Life'. By then I hope we won't be still dancing in the rain but will be-able to enjoy some time together in our secluded garden before listening to Ron.

I am pleased to say that I am moving into the twenty first century and as well as having a Face Book page on the Cloud Hotel web page I have joined Twitter and am learning to Tweet so I need some followers!

Finally

OUR LIVES ARE LIKE THE COURSE OF THE SUN. AT THE DARKEST MOMENT THERE IS PROMISE OF DAYLIGHT. London 'Times' Editorial 1984

Let's hope the sun comes out soon

Avril

No comments:

Post a Comment