Tuesday 6 September 2011

Back to School.

With the school holidays over I'm sure the majority of you are pleased to see the children go back to school! For many of us trying to juggle children or grandchildren with our careers is always challenging. However I hope you were able to enjoy quality time with your families. I spent two glorious weeks in Tenerife with some of my family and came back to work totally relaxed and recharged ready for the challenges that face me daily.

September is one of my favourite months, there is a certain calm about it however the Cloud Hotel is still very busy in September as the more mature customers come to enjoy a break when the children have gone back to school and before winter sets in. Although the evenings are drawing in the days can be warm and sunny if we are lucky!

I have a busy month ahead of me with networking events and Award Ceremonies to attend. The next Wessex Women's Network event is on Wednesday September 14th when Lord Ian Strathcarron will be our speaker. The title of his talk The Moral Regeneration of the Human Race a sideways look at morals! Apparently a very amusing speaker so I look forward to welcoming you to the event. There is always an opportunity for you to promote your business or charity event during the evening as well as network with the other members.

The revised edition of my book Delighting Your Customers [delivering excellent customer service without breaking the bank] published by Bloomsbury is to be released on September 19th. It is packed with essential advice and is aimed at small business owners who want to help their businesses reach their full potential. It can be pre-ordered from Amazon. I hope anyone who buys it will find it useful and enjoy it.

Talking of books I am reading Alan Sugar's autobiography at the moment and what a fascinating story it is.  Like so many successful people he did not go to university and hasn't got a degree but has always found a way to make money even as a young lad. At a time when so many of our young people are starting university I do wonder if some of them would do better to go into the workforce and use their entrepreneurial skills and talents. Not one of the Dragons on Dragons Den have a degree!

Finally. 'There are those who think they can and those who think they can't. Funnily enough they are both right.'  Henry Ford

I suggest you think you can, you achieve more that way.

Till the next time

Avril

No comments:

Post a Comment